$5000 Scholarships Issued to Eight Diverse Students Enrolled in Full Time Post-Secondary Degree Programs within the IT Industry
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — April 13, 2016 — (BUSINESS WIRE) — Acxiom® (NASDAQ: ACXM), an enterprise data, analytics and software-as-a-service company, today announced the winners of the Acxiom Diversity Scholarship Program. This initiative offers $5000 scholarships to diverse students enrolled in a full-time post-secondary degree program such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Quality, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics or related areas of study.
“We were truly impressed with the quality of submissions this year and would like to congratulate all of the scholarship recipients on this exciting achievement. We look forward to the many contributions these students will make to Acxiom and to the overall marketing industry.”
Applicants for the Diversity Scholarship are selected based on their ability to demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, field of study aimed at Information Technology and professional interest as it relates to Acxiom’s business needs. In addition to the scholarship, winners also have the opportunity to receive a paid internship at one of Acxiom’s location sites where they will gain real-world experience & knowledge and develop IT skills utilized in the industry today.
Among this year’s Diversity Scholarship recipients are:
- Jason Bledsoe – Computer Information Systems Junior at Middle Tennessee State
- Aziz Eram – Information Quality Graduate Student at University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Mobolaji Kosoko – Computer Science Senior at Philander Smith College
- Olivier Kwizera – Computer Science & Math Junior at Hendrix College
- Xintong Ren – Computer Science & Math Senior at Arkansas Tech University
- Kelly Spangler – Computer Science & Math Junior at Harding University
- Eulises Valdovinos – Industrial & Systems Engineering Senior at San Jose State University
- German Valenzuela – Computer Science Senior at University of Central Arkansas
Renewal Scholarship Recipients:
- Calton Davis – Information Systems Senior at University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Shelby Sorrells – Computer Engineering Junior at Harding University
“Acxiom takes great pride in creating an inclusive and supportive workplace environment where employees feel empowered and encouraged to share their unique perspective and values,” said Terilyn Juarez Monroe, Chief People & Culture Officer, Senior Vice President Human Resources, Acxiom. “We were truly impressed with the quality of submissions this year and would like to congratulate all of the scholarship recipients on this exciting achievement. We look forward to the many contributions these students will make to Acxiom and to the overall marketing industry.”
The Acxiom Diversity Program started in 2012 and since then, it has awarded 26 new scholarships. Click here for more information about the program.
Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software as a service company that uniquely fuses trust, experience and scale to fuel data-driven results. For over 40 years, Acxiom has been an innovator in harnessing the most important sources and uses of data to strengthen connections between people, businesses and their partners. Utilizing a channel and media neutral approach, we leverage cutting-edge, data-oriented products and services to maximize customer value. Every week, Acxiom powers more than a trillion transactions that enable better living for people and better results for our 7,000+ global clients.
Ines Gutzmer, 404-434-0237