Students are from diverse backgrounds and enrolled in post-secondary degree IT programs
CONWAY, Ark.–(January 24, 2019)–Acxiom®, the data and technology foundation for the world’s best marketers, today announced the nine winners in the company’s Diversity Scholarship Program.
This initiative offers $5,000 scholarships to U.S.-based students from diverse backgrounds who are enrolled in a full-time post-secondary degree program such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Quality, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics or related areas of study.
This is the Acxiom Diversity Scholarship Program’s seventh year.
“We congratulate our scholarship recipients on this exciting achievement,” said Dennis Self, Acxiom CEO. “Acxiom is passionate about helping the next generation of leaders pursue their dreams through computer science and information technology careers. Our support positions them for future success and helps foster a more diverse pool of qualified talent, which will benefit the marketing and technology industries for years to come.”
Diversity Scholarship recipients are selected based on their ability to demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, field of study aimed at Information Technology, and professional interest as it relates to Acxiom’s business needs.
This year’s Acxiom Diversity Scholarship recipients are:
- Timothy Itodo – Computer Science and Mathematics at Philander Smith College; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Alexys Lamkin – Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Central Arkansas; Conway, Arkansas
- Qi Li – Information Science at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Hengchang Liao – Computer Science at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Sarah Malik – Business and Business Analytics at Drexel University; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Phiwinhlanhla Ndedele-Ngwenya – Mathematics at Philander Smith College; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Stella Osunkwo – Business Information Systems at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Akhila Thirumalareddy – Information Quality at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Rafael Toche – Computer Science and German at the University of Arkansas; Fayetteville, Arkansas
“We are proud of Acxiom’s inclusive and supportive workplace environment where employees feel empowered and encouraged to share their unique perspective and values,” said Mary Ward, Chief People Officer at Acxiom. “Our Diversity Scholarship Program was started in 2012 and takes Acxiom’s values into the community by supporting the goals of bright future leaders. We look forward to the contributions these students will make to our industry.”
Acxiom provides the data and technology foundation for the world’s best marketers. We enable people-based marketing everywhere through a simple, open approach to connecting systems and data that drives seamless customer experiences and higher ROI. A leader in identity and ethical data use for nearly 50 years, Acxiom helps thousands of clients and partners around the globe work together to create a world where all marketing is relevant. Acxiom is a registered trademark of Acxiom LLC. For more information, visit Acxiom.com.
Sherry Hamilton, Communications Director