Students are from diverse backgrounds and enrolled in post-secondary degree IT programs
CONWAY, Ark.–(January 7, 2020)–Acxiom, the data and technology foundation for the world’s best marketers, today announced the 10 winners in the company’s Diversity Scholarship Program.
This initiative offers $5,000 scholarships to U.S.-based students from diverse backgrounds who are enrolled in a full-time post-secondary degree program such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Quality, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics or related areas of study.
“We congratulate our scholarship recipients on this exciting accomplishment,” said Dennis Self, Acxiom CEO. “This scholarship program represents Acxiom’s continued commitment to helping the next generation of leaders pursue their dreams through computer science and information technology careers. Our goal is to provide opportunities for students to obtain future success and help foster a more diverse pool of qualified talent, which will benefit the marketing and technology industries for many years.”
This is the Acxiom Diversity Scholarship Program’s eighth year. Diversity scholarship recipients are selected based on their ability to demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, field of study aimed at Information Technology and professional interest as it relates to Acxiom’s business needs.
This year’s Acxiom Diversity Scholarship recipients are:
- Timi Adebishi – Computer Science at Philander Smith College; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Oluwafunmilayo Adeiwura – Computer Science and Mathematics at Philander Smith College; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Mingyi Chen – Operations Management and Information Systems at Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, Illinois
- Chima Ezirim – Computer Science at Huston-Tillotson University; Austin, Texas
- Taylor Nguyen – Computer Science at the University of Central Arkansas; Conway, Arkansas
- Innocent Nsabimana – Computer Science at Hendrix College; Conway, Arkansas
- Celestie Okechukwu – Computer Information Systems and Mathematics at Huston-Tillotson University; Austin, Texas
- Rehnuma Seheli – Business Information Systems at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock; Little Rock, Arkansas
- Nato Natogoma Silue – Information Systems at the University of Central Arkansas; Conway, Arkansas
- Tessah West – Management Information Systems at the University of Arkansas at Monticello; Monticello; Arkansas
“Acxiom believes that diversity sparks innovation and that an inclusive workplace environment encourages everyone to share their unique perspectives and skills,” said Mary Ward, Chief People Officer at Acxiom. “Our Diversity Scholarship Program takes Acxiom’s values into the community by supporting the goals of brilliant future leaders. We look forward to the contributions these students will make to our industry.”
Acxiom provides the data and technology foundation for the world’s best marketers. We enable people-based marketing everywhere through a simple, open approach to connecting systems and data that drives seamless customer experiences and higher ROI. A leader in identity and ethical data use for more than 50 years, Acxiom helps thousands of clients and partners around the globe work together to create a world where all marketing is relevant. Acxiom is a registered trademark of Acxiom LLC. For more information, visit Acxiom.com.